Today was a good day. For the most part. That is, until I desperately had to use the restroom at my office. Why is it that in an office complex of hundreds of people, that grown women cannot clean up after themselves in the bathroom. It’s disgusting. Seriously. I see this is not just office complexes, but everywhere. It’s common courtesy.
So here I’ve made a list of rules to follow in using public restrooms (either clean or not):
1. Don’t be a part of the problem. Make sure your toilet is flushed BEFORE you leave the stall.
2. If you use a toilet seat cover, dispose of it! NOT THAT HARD! No one else wants to touch it and do the job for you!
3. If you drop a small tear of toilet paper on the floor, pick it up and throw it away. (Don’t worry- you can wash your hands in a few seconds).
4. If you exit a stall with no toilet paper and watch another patron walk in there, you better tell them it’s out. That’s just inconsiderate.
5. Please, for the love of all that is holy, if you are a *hovering type* – you know who you are- and you pee on the toilet seat? YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CLEANING IT UP! Please do not make the toilet seat unusable for the rest of the population! Just think- if you walked into a stall and saw pee on the toilet, how would you feel?
5. If you splash water all over the counter while washing your hands, take a paper towel and clean it up! Would you leave it there if you were at home? No! Thanks.
6. Throw your trash away. If you miss the trash can and drop your paper towels on the floor, then PICK THEM UP and put them in that metal bin called a trash can! Not hard, and will only take a few seconds, I promise.
7. I completely understand that desire to use a paper towel to open the door. I get it! I do! But.. Take the paper towel with you, back to your desk and toss it out like a grown human being knows how to do.
Anyways.. this has been your public restroom lesson for the day. I’m sure no one will listen or change their habits but maybe just maybe I can make the world a better place for us all.